My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a follower of Christ!

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Lately

Well, there are cool things going on. I have decided not to move. I am going to stay in the apartment that Chris and I live in and Missy should be moving in with me in August. Christina is excited and doing the ring/dress thing. How fun! Can't wait for the bachelorette party. What a celebration.
Work is winding down. People are starting to be more and more convinced that I truly and leaving the unit. One to different things. I am starting to develope some intersting relationships here at work as my time draws to an end. It is so weird how the Lord does that. I shall see what ensues from these new friendships.
The coffee shop is coming along. I have to admit I am not working as diligently on my business plan as I should be. I work a little on it everyday but I feel like I need a week to myself to just finish it. I investigated a property the other day that I thought would be ideal but that fell through. I guess the Lord thought otherwise. I have a feeling finding the right spot is going to be difficult.
I have been learning alot about words lately. God has been convicting me of how harmful words can be and I have been meditating on this verse. "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing." (Proverbs 12:18 ). I am discovering how difficult it is to control my tongue and words. And how do I balance that with the gentle, loving, jabbing that I have come to find so many horizonites appreciate. Its hard to filter when I am angry or frustrated. I am finding that I have to be in continual prayer about my heart. I am reminded of the verse in Luke 6:45 that says "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks." This is my prayer "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Well that's it for now. Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home