My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a follower of Christ!

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Taking Off

Oh wow! I am super siked!!! Have you ever been a part of someones life right when they are starting to "take off". By "take off", I mean this person has made a decision to follow Christ and they have really started to live it. They get so excited about how God moves and it seems like the Holy Spirit has lit a match under their rear. They start needing more and more discipling and they start to "get" what it means to be a follower of Christ. They start stepping up into leadership and start discipling people themselves. I have been so blessed to be a part of the lives of many people like this because of Horizon. There are three, however, that I have had the priviledge to really know. I have seen there conversion (or close after) and have seen there rapid growth. Surrounding myself with these people helps to revive me. I get so inspired by them and my passions are renewed. They ask questions that stimulate my brain and they have the most creative ideas. Lately, this person in my life has been a dear friend Rebecca Miller. She is so awesome. She loves people so well and her enthusiasm is contagious. She will be baptized this sunday and she called me the other night to plan a girls night. I love to see the passion she has for the girls of Horizon and I can't help but jump along side her. I pray for the excitement and passion that these people in my life have had and I pray that I regain my "new-Christian" fire. I couldn't get enough either. I pray that these brothers and sisters of mine never loose there passion. Father, may I help these individuals grow as they do me and may the fruits of Your Spirit be evident to all who we come in contact with us. Amen

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

I agree, awesome stuff!!! Rebecca rocks the hizzouse!
Horizon will be breaking at the seams with people like this soon enough...

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home