My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a follower of Christ!

Friday, September 03, 2004

A truly blessed woman

Yesterday was awesome! I woke up at approximately 11:30pm (it was my day off). I roled out of bed and played with George a little (our cat). I read a bunch in the book I am reading Wild at Heart by John Eldredge. Good book so far. I recommend it for good insight into the world of men, which God knows I need. I am Queen of Clueless when it comes to how guys think. This is not news to anyone, I am sure. Then I got to hang out with my brother. I love him. We have gotten to know each other quite quickly since he has been back from Texas and I am enjoying every minute of it. We talked about all kinds of stuff and he talked to me more about his girl. I look forward to meeting her this weekend. I think we will get along famously. Then we went shopping a little and I had to say good-bye only to meet three of the coolest ladies at Horizon for a chica pow-wow. Melonie Reichley, Rebecca Miller, Leslie Webster and I all went to see Maria Full of Grace at the Charles Theater. A little heavy but a cool movie and its in subtitles...even better. Then we all went to Vacarro's and had coffee and pastries. We talked about all kinds of stuff too...from Rebecca's attempt at setting me up with a med. student to an American Indian Pow-Wow experience the preceeding Saturday. I loved every second of it. I realized in the midst of my drive home from that night (and even in the middle of the day a bit) that I am a blessed woman. The Lord has surrounded me with the most amazing people and when I get a whole day of hanging out with them I feel refreshed and energized. I have alot of people in my life who challenge me and who encourage me. And these are quality people. I am truly a blessed individual.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of you. I miss that brother of your's like crazy. He and Jason changed my life. They encouraged me to pursue Christ in ways I never thought possible. Now I am headed to the other side of the world and it is tough not having that community.

I am glad that you too have a community of faith surrounding you. I am glad Mark gets to be a part of it. Since last summer I have prayed that you guys would develop a great relationship with each other. Take care of your little bro. His girl is awesome, but it is still weird that he has a girl. See ya soon!

chad

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Chad, I thank you because you changed his life too. I can see it. So...thanks.:-) Well...If Mark likes this girl and you think she is awesome then she must be. I can't wait to meet her. I agree its weird but how exciting. I guess you're next.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to be next...there is no one else left. how was the visit with missy?

7:27 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I could answer that but I have the oppurtunity, this weekend, to tell you in person so I will opt for that. We can swap comments. Overall she was fantastic. And she is a runner....bonus!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was a fun night, I remember laughing so hard I was worried we were bothering the table next to us. We'll have to do it again soon!! Love ya,
Mel

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home